Tuesday, October 20, 2009

State Fair

One of our family traditions is the State Fair. We didn't make it last year, so we really wanted to go this year. But, as the days went by and the rain seemed endless, it didn't look good. Finally, on the last weekend, the rain stopped, so we loaded up the kids and headed out.

After an hour and a half in traffic and a questionable parking spot (thanks Texas/OU) we made it. And because everyone was watching the game, we had the park to ourselves. So off we went for our Fair adventure.

For the past few weeks, all Max has talked about has been riding a roller coaster. So when we saw this, we grabbed him up and put him on. It was the first ride of the day and had I stepped back to really look at it, I probably would have made a different choice. The poor kids was terrified. When he got off, all he wanted was to go home.


Thankfully we found something a little more his speed.


I love that Luke is still entertained by bubbles.


Luckily for Luke, his mom loves the scary rides. M won't ride them with me so I'm glad to know I'll have a roller coaster partner in a few years.


Finally, we found the ride Max had been dreaming about. It went about five miles an hour and was perfect for him. He loved it and would have stayed on it all day. Luke is there too, but don't ask me why he is so far back.


To make the day even better, we went to one of the best petting zoo's I've ever seen. The giraffe is Max's favorite animal and it just doesn't get better than this.


Until the giraffe decides to start eating your shoe and licking your leg. I thought he would begin to cry but he was reveling in the giraffe's attention.


Luke got in on the action by bonding with the baby goats. He's never shown much attention to animals, but all he wanted to do was pet those babies. I love seeing his sensitive side.


To complete the day, we stopped by the cotton candy booth and indulged in some of the best I've ever had.


Max liked it so much, he licked the stick. If that stick was made of candy instead of paper, I'm sure he would have eaten that too.


And then it was time to go home. Despite the traffic and craziness, we had a great day.


And then we all went home for a nap.

No comments: